Tuesday, September 20, 2016

3 Must-Do's This Fall!

By: Holly Stokes, Coordinator and Salon Super Hero



Holly here, one of Verde’s Salon Coordinators! As a coordinator, I get an excellent overview of trends in styles, appointments, new products, seasons, you name it! With that said, I have some really helpful suggestions for you to kick off Fall, and make the most of my favorite season! Despite being raised on the beach, there is nothing better than the cool crisp air, and wearing a comfy hoodie and boots! 



Indulge Your Senses 

As the season changes, I love the warm, comforting scents of Autumn. At Verde during October we are carrying Green Koala candles in Apple Harvest, Vanilla, and Pumpkin Soufflé (you literally will want to take a bite out of each). Did you know that all of our proceeds from the candles are donated to the APCSM animal shelter located in Brockton, MA to help off set the adoption fee for a loving family? Pick one up today and enjoy the refreshing aroma and the joy that fills your heart knowing you not only helped an animal find a home but helped a family find their newest best friend.



Pamper Your Hair and Skin

Along with the change in the  weather comes a change in our hair care regimen; we change up the color to be a little bit darker, we’re wearing it down, and we’re blow drying more often. I am constantly getting guests this time of year saying “I just want something new!” With those changes can come dryness and static. I absolutely love the Young Again Oil by KEVIN.MURPHY because it’s a weightless oil infused with immortelle oil which is an antioxidant to protect hair from heat and environmental damage. I use it on my hair when it’s damp and again when it’s dry to counteract the static electricity that inevitably comes along with the dry air and sweater weather. Our faces can start to feel a little parched after the come down of constant sunshine. Hydration Mist, from Glo Minerals, is not only an excellent makeup setter, but it's an awesome refreshing blast of moisture anytime you need it. Just mist and enjoy!




Book an Appointment… For Real

Not only are we competing with our inner desire to get the latest seasonal trends, we have endless Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Holiday parties. All crammed into, what, 10 weeks? Psh... That’s a lot of pressure to look good all season. Your best defense? Have those appointments booked! The holiday season is the most competitive for those slots with your favorite stylist, so go ahead and commit! It breaks my heart when I get those last minute frantic calls like “I can’t let my in-laws see my grey roots!” So don't get left out in the cold, book ‘em.
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment