Wedding season is upon us, such a joyous time for our brides, grooms, and their family and friends. I absolutely love to make their day as special, easy going, and of course as beautiful as possible. Here are some tips for gorgeous skin and a list of my favorite Glo Mineral Makeup products for flawless long lasting bridal beauty.
Pre-Wedding Skin Tips
With winter behind us and Spring upon us, our skin changes with the different temps and moisture levels. Our skin is our largest organ and should be treated as such. These tips will help your skin look hydrated and nourished for your big day.
- Stay Hydrated: Drink plenty of water. I mean seriously, more than you think. Add some fruit or mint to spice it up if you need to, but guzzle it down. Hydrated skin is more supple and less flaky. Avoiding too much salt and alcohol will help you stay hydrated as well.
- Avoid Hot Showers: As good as it feels, it doesn't do your skin any favors. It will strip your skin of natural moisture and if you have rosacea it can enflame redness.
- Lotion Up: I can't say this enough. Moisturizer is your best friend, day and night. After a shower when your skin is damp is a great time for better absorption. A product with hyaluronic acid retains moisture up to 1,000 times better and is amazing for your skin.
- SPF... For Real: We all know it's important so I will spare you the medical scare tactics here. Before your big day the less sun spots and blotchiness, the better. Don't forget to protect your back, shoulders, and chest. I can't even tell you how many tan lines I have tried to fix on a wedding day. Keep your skin protected and I promise I will bring my bronzer!
Favorite Makeup Products
Now on to some of my favorite makeup products for a wedding day. I work with Glo Minerals exclusively for event makeup. Glo has exceptional coverage that is long lasting and HD ready. It's also amazing for sensitive skin and nourishes and protects. Here are my tops picks! (All product titles are linked to item on Gloprofessional.com)
- Tinted Primer SPF 30: This glides on beautifully and can be worn alone or under your favorite foundation. This helps hold your makeup on, smooth fine lines, and color balances your complexion.
- Luxe Liquid Foundation: This is my new favorite! Luxe is formulated with finely ground diamond powder and creates a soft glow radiance. This goes on beautifully and give a full flawless coverage.
- Perfecting Powder: For anyone on the oily side, this is a must. This not only sets the makeup for long wear, but has amazing oil and shine absorbency.
- Contour Kits: By far the best contour kit I've used. This kit comes in light and dark and each one has 4 shades, 2 for contouring, 2 for highlighting. The colors are perfect for creating dimension and enhancing features. These neutral shades are multipurpose, helping to create timeless photos on your big day.
- Cream Glaze Crayons: These creamy glaze sticks have beautiful pigments and are long lasting. They hydrate and feel luxurious on your lips. The crayon applicator makes them a breeze for touch-ups.
*A note from Ashley, Verde's co-owner: "We are so lucky to have Sandra on Verde's wedding team. She has been an esthetician and makeup artist for 15 years. As a mother of a 5 year old boy and a 1 year old girl she treasures her time at home with her family. Sandra said she feels blessed to be part of Verde's team where she can continue her passion of bridal beauty."